Gilly Hicks’ Share Gilly Christmas Giveaway Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: The Gilly Hicks (“Gilly”) Share Gilly Christmas Giveaway (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of the United States (excluding Rhode Island) and the District of Columbia who are at least fourteen (14) years old at the time of entry. Void in Rhode Island and where prohibited. Employees, officers and representatives of Abercrombie & Fitch Stores, Inc., their parent and affiliate companies are not eligible. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, provincial, territorial, municipal, and local laws and regulations. Participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. Sponsor: Abercrombie & Fitch Stores, Inc., 6301 Fitch Path, New Albany, OH 43054. Administrator: Curalate, 2401 Walnut St. #502, Philadelphia, PA 19103.
3. Timing: The Sweepstakes begins at 9:00 a.m. Eastern Time ("ET"), November 26, 2013 and ends at 11:59 p.m. ET, December 23, 2013. Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Sweepstakes.
4. How to Enter: To participate, you must have an account on Pinterest. It is free to create an account. To make an entry into the Sweepstakes, you must create a board on Pinterest comprised of Gilly style products. To pin Gilly products to a Pinterest board, you can visit http://www.GillyHicks.com and find the Pinterest share button on the product detail page for every item, or visit the A&F Pinterest page directly at http://www.Pinterest.com/gillyhicksgirls. To submit your entry board visit the GH Girls section of Gilly’s website http://www.gillyhicks.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/BrandContentView?catalogId=11555&langId=-1&storeId=13607, and complete the entry form. Entry form requires you provide a valid email address, and either (a) pin an image to a board using the pin generator in the entry form by selecting a Gilly image through clicking the button beneath the desired image, or (b) use the “pin my own pin” portion of the entry form to provide a URL for the image of your choosing. If you are a potential winner, after the close of the Sweepstakes you will receive a return email to the same email address you used to enter that will contain detailed prize claim instructions. All potential winners are subject to verification before any prize will be awarded.
LIMIT: Each entrant may only enter one (1) time per valid email address during the Sweepstakes. If a potential winner cannot be contacted through the email address provided in the entry, the potential winner forfeits the prize. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible or misdirected registrations, which will be disqualified. In the event of a dispute as to any registration or entry, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the entrant. The "authorized account holder" of an email address, is the natural person assigned an email address by an internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. The potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
5. ALL POTENTIAL WINNING ENTRIES ARE SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY SPONSOR, WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING. AN ENTRANT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE, EVEN IF A RETURN MESSAGE SHOULD SO INDICATE, UNLESS AND UNTIL ENTRANT’S ELIGIBILITY AND THE POTENTIAL WINNING ENTRY HAS BEEN VERIFIED AND ENTRANT HAS BEEN NOTIFIED THAT VERIFICATION IS COMPLETE. SPONSOR WILL NOT ACCEPT SCREEN SHOTS OR OTHER EVIDENCE OF WINNING IN LIEU OF ITS VALIDATION PROCESS. ANY ENTRY THAT OCCURS AFTER THE SYSTEM HAS FAILED FOR ANY REASON IS DEEMED A DEFECTIVE ENTRY, IS VOID, AND WILL NOT BE HONORED.
6. Sweepstakes Prize Selection and Verification of Potential Winners: There will be four (4) winners chosen, one (1) on each of the following dates by a random drawing of all eligible entries at the time of each respective drawing: (1) December 2, 2013; (2) December 9, 2013; (3) December 16, 2013; (4) December 24, 2013. Receiving a prize is contingent upon compliance with these Official Rules. Sponsor’s decisions as to the administration and operation of the Sweepstakes and the selection of potential winners are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. The potential winners will be contacted via the email address used for the entry with instructions on claiming the prize. Except where prohibited, the potential Grand Prize winner (or parent/legal guardian if winner is a minor in his/her state of residence) will be required to sign and return a Declaration of Compliance, Liability and Publicity Release ("Declaration") which must be received by Administrator, within five (5) days of the date notice or attempted notice is sent, in order to claim the prize. If a potential winner of any prize cannot be contacted, fails to sign and return the Declaration or provide any other requested information, within the required time period (if applicable), or the prize is returned as undeliverable, the potential winner forfeits the prize. Receiving a prize is contingent upon compliance with these Official Rules. In the event that any potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will select an alternate potential winner for the applicable prize by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. There will be three (3) alternate drawings per prize as necessary, after which the respective prize will remain un-awarded.
7. Prizes: Odds of winning a prize will vary based on the number of entries in the Sweepstakes at the time of each drawing. Each winner will receive one (1) Gilly Hicks E-Gift Card for one hundred dollars (USD $500.00). The E-Gift Card will be delivered directly to the winning email address. Gilly Hicks E-Gift Cards are redeemable for merchandise only in the US or Canada either online or in stores. E-Gift Card cannot be redeemed for cash unless required by applicable law. It cannot be replaced if lost or stolen. Purchases in a currency different from the currency of the card will be subject to an exchange rate conversion on the day of payment. For terms and conditions visit the Gift Card page on www.GillyHicks.com and click on details. For balance inquiry visit www.GillyHicks.com/balance or call 1-888-680-9901.
No cash or other substitution, assignment or transfer of any prizes permitted, except by Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute a prize or prize component with cash or another prize of comparable or greater value, but any substitution is not guaranteed and is at Sponsor’s sole discretion on whether to perform any such substitution. Winners are responsible for all federal, state and local taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use. Prizes will be awarded "as is" with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied offered by Sponsor. TOTAL ARV OF PRIZES: two thousand dollars (USD $2000.00). Limit: one (1) prize per person.
8. Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes winner's, or winner’s parent/guardian if the winner is under the age of majority in their jurisdiction, consent to Sponsor's and its agents’ use of winner's name, likeness, photograph, persona, voice, opinions, Pinterest board, biographical information, hometown and state/province for promotional purposes related to the Sweepstakes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
9. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures, human error or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In such event, Sponsor reserves the right to award the prizes at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion, or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. While it involves interaction with social media platforms, this Sweepstakes is in no way endorsed, administered by, or associated with any social media platform, including but not limited to Pinterest. You understand that you are providing your information to Sponsor and not to social media platforms. Any questions, comments, or complaints regarding this Sweepstakes should be addressed to Sponsor and not to social media platforms.
10. Release:By entering this Sweepstakes or taking receipt of any prize, entrants and/or winners, or their parent/guardian if under the age of majority in their jurisdiction, agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees, and agents (collectively the “Released Parties”) from and against any losses, damages, rights, claim or cause of action of any kind arising, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, out of participation in the Sweepstakes or resulting directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize awarded in connection with the Sweepstakes, including, without limitation to personal injury, death, and/or damage to or loss of property, as well as claims based on publicity rights, defamation, and/or invasion of privacy.
11. Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in cellular networks, phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use of any prize or while traveling to or from any Sweepstakes or prize related activity. If for any reason an entrant's entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another Entries in the Sweepstakes, if it is possible. Sponsor reserves the right (but is not obligated) to increase both the number of winners and prizes awarded at any time. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, unawarded, eligible entries.
12. Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant, or entrant’s parent/guardian if entrant is under the age of majority in their jurisdiction, agrees that: (i) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prizes awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court in Franklin County, Columbus, Ohio; (ii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (iii) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Ohio, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Ohio or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Ohio.
13. Winner List: For a winner list, visit www.GillyHicks.com/anf/media/legalText/GHContestsWinnersList.html. The winner list will be posted after all winner confirmations are complete.